Risk Mitigation and Strategic Solutions
A global retail company had through its market actions become the target of negative publicity and subject to scrutiny by a leading international body. This as a result of potential discriminatory market actions in the Middle East and possible breaches of international law. The retail company as a result found themselves tangled up in the complexity of Middle Eastern politics along with facing the risk of damage to the global brand with consumer boycotts and other negative fallout as a potential consequence.
Consilio worked closely with the client to develop and implement a strategy to mitigate the damage in relation to the perceived discriminatory market actions. Within Project “CAESAR”, Consilio supported the client with the following:
- Assessment and analysis of the allegations by the international body and the overall situation.
- Geopolitical risk assessment along with thorough mapping of the potential spillover effect to other markets.
- Contextual understanding of the historic, cultural and religious elements related to the allegation through workshops and a trip to the relevant countries in question.
- A PR and Communication strategy for the current as well as similar future crises.
- A government relations and partnership strategy to enhance local operations and support the client in acquiring a relevant high-level network.
Our contribution resulted in the following positive outcome for the client:
- Avoided damage to the international brand
- Unique business and market insights as well as new political and market perspectives
- Enhanced ability to predict and navigate geopolitical changes
- Enhanced local network, including government relations and key stake-holders