Geopolitical and risk mitigation strategy
An international healthcare company saw a potential for long-term growth in Eastern Europe and Russia but were having issues with its previous Russian distributor. Due to the complexity of the markets in question, the healthcare company was in need of a comprehensive strategy to enhance operations and mitigate risks brought about by the relation to the previous distributor along with increased geopolitical tensions in the region.
Within project “ELON”, Consilio supported the client with the following:
- In-depth investigation of the previous distributor along with thorough due diligence of a potential new distributor.
- Action plan as to handle the identified short-term challenges in Eastern Europe and Russia.
- Strategic advice and insights regarding the Russian market, including business practises, the government´s role in the relevant sector and ways to manage risks and realise opportunities.
- Identification of key geopolitical risk triggers, and sensitive international ties that could potentially lead to implications on other markets.
- Assess long-term political trends for the region and identify potential political scenarios.
- Together with the client, Consilio assisted the client with a revised strategic plan for Eastern Europe and Russia, including a redistribution of country responsibilities.
Our contribution resulted in the following positive outcome for the client:
- Increased intelligence about the previous distributor’s activities
- Enhanced basis for decision in regards to the appointment of a new local distributor
- Enhanced ability to understand and navigate geopolitical changes